Join Hadar Iron of Inferment for an exclusive workshop to explore the fundamentals of fermentation and the essence of fermented drinks This 2-hour interactive event, hosted at my studio, will take you through the history of fermentation, the essentials of fermenting drinks with the different scobies and grains. we will also explain the qualities of high-fire ceramics and the science and art behind ash glazing. Admission to this workshop includes a handcrafted ceramic vessel made in the studio by Hadar, a choice of a pitcher, a bottle Kefir container or Sake set.
For individuals and couples
Join us for unpacking the concept of fermentation, its evolution throughout history, its cultural impact and immense health benefits. Then we will pack your own vessel and learn how to make fermented drinks.
We will learn about the different fermenting vessels and why ceramic vessels are the best for vegetables and how to clean them. We will discuss high-fire ceramics, clay, glazes, and their durability and non-toxicity.
Two-Part Learning Experience
- A discussion and history of fermented foods
- A demo and tasting of various fermented drinks and food
- A spread of delicious, fermented vegetables, drinks and bread will be served homemade by Hadar.
- A starter of sourdough or Kefir grains will be yours to take home to kickstart your fermenting journey.
- We will provide mixing bowls, organic vegetables, spices, sea-salt and seeds.
What to Bring
Note – a jar for the scoby or for the kefir grain.
- washing hands at the entry
- Proof of vaccination
Covid Safe Requirements
Please note proof of vaccination is required. All participants must wear a mask at all times. We will have the air filter running in the studio. You must also wash your hands after arriving at the studio and before cooking.
Please complete the form below to register and pay online. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].